Malaysia has two big media players, namely Astro and Media Prima. With 5G currently and actively rolling out throughout Malaysia, will it have an impact? How 5G will transform the business of media and entertainment in Malaysia?
Let us dig deeper.
How 5G Will Transform the Business of Media & Entertainment?
5G in Malaysia is expected to have a significant impact on the media and entertainment industry, with big players as well as small players.
Some of the ways in which 5G network could transform the business of media and entertainment include:
- Enabling the development of new forms of content: 5G’s high speeds and low latencies will make it possible to create and distribute new forms of media, such as immersive virtual and augmented reality experiences, as well as high-resolution video and audio content. Astro has started producing their own series called Astro Originals with series like One Cent Thief.
- Improving the delivery of existing forms of content: 5G’s high speeds and capacity will allow for the faster and more efficient delivery of existing forms of media, such as streaming video and music. This could lead to better user experiences and increased customer satisfaction.
- Facilitating the growth of new business models: 5G’s capabilities will enable the development of new business models, such as subscription-based streaming services and on-demand content delivery.
- Supporting the growth of the Internet of Things (IoT): 5G’s high capacity and low latencies will support the growth of the IoT, enabling the development of new applications and services that rely on connected devices.
- Enabling new forms of audience engagement: 5G’s capabilities will enable media and entertainment companies to create new ways of engaging with audiences, such as interactive experiences and personalized content.
Overall, Malaysia with its 5G is expected to have a major impact on the media and entertainment industry, driving innovation and enabling the development of new forms of content, business models, and audience engagement.